The weight of this large cozy blanket enhances sensory integration and is filled with Non-toxic Poly Pellets ® to make it washable. Weighted Blankets are Non-Heatable.
Care Instructions: Wash by hand or machine wash on gentle cycle with a mild detergent. Dry on low, or drip dry.
There are SO many uses for a weighted blanket, here are just a few!
Sensory & Sleep disorders of any kind: weighted therapy can help increase the levels of Serotonin and Melatonin overnight
Insomnia, Falling asleep and staying asleep
ADD/ADHD Spectrum Disorder (many ADHD kids use our blankets to calm down after school or during Therapy sessions, or to relax and fall asleep)
Asperger’s and Autism Spectrum Disorder (many of these kids use our blankets to calm down after school or during Therapy sessions)
Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) and fidgeting legs due to chemotherapy treatments or Menopause
Anxious Feelings and Panic symptoms, Stress and Tension. Cancer or Dental Anxiety, Peri-menopause and Menopause symptoms
Sensory Integration Disorders/Sensory Processing Disorders
For Elderly: weighted blankets help calm a myriad of symptoms, including those who have Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s Disease.
Alzheimer’s and dementia often cause older adults to feel agitated, anxious, or have disturbed sleep. A weighted blanket or lap pad is a simple, non-drug option that can be used day or night. They reduce anxiety, calm nerves, provide comfort, and promote deep sleep.
Important Product Information & Warnings
- Weighted Blankets should never be used to restrain a person, or to restrict their movement.
- Weighted Blankets should never go past the shoulders, and should never cover the head.
- Please check with the child's therapist or doctor to advise on use and type of weighted product before purchasing.
- Minimum Age for use of Weighted Blankets is 2 Years Old.
- Recommended weight for a weighted blanket is 10% of the Body Weight, plus 1 pound.